Ivana was born on the January 24, 1983 in Titograd. She graduated in 2006 from the Faculty of Fine Arts in Cetinje, within the Department of Sculpture under the tutelage of Prof. Pavle Pejovic. She started to work as a teaching assistant in 2006. She received an M.A. in November 2009 from the Faculty of Fine Arts in Cetinje in the class of the same Professor.
Ivana currently works as a teacher for the Faculty of Fine Arts in Cetinje.
In 2016 Ivana obtained a Ph.D. from the Faculty of Fine Arts, in Belgrade, under the mentorship of Prof. Dusan Petrovic.
-Scholarship of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic for a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia 2020
– In October 2019 participate in IX International Sculpture Festa in Seoul, Hangaram Art Museum, Seoul Arts Center
– In September 2019 participate in IV International Iron Casting Workshop / Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
– In June 2019 she had a solo exhibition – Invitation- Silvermine Art Center, New Canaan, CT Winner of Silvermine Fulbright Art Residency in 2019, New Canaan, CT
– In March 2019 she had a solo exhibition- Souls and Bodies- St. Andrä’s Church, Graz, Austria
– 2018/Winner of Fulbright scholarship for postdoctoral research in 2019
– In October 2018 Ivana has been chosen to participate in the Residential programme of BJCEM Biennial ” LANDXCAPES-art, storytelling, landscape”-Puglia, Italy
– Scienc Days (9-12th October 2018) – co-author of multimedia exhibition Archaeology of Memory and Architecture of Knowledge
– In September 2018. participate in IV International Iron Casting Workshop / Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
-In September 2018 she had a solo exhibition- Perseverance- Modern Gallery of Budva, Montenegro
– In March she had a solo exhibition -The Quiet Affinity for Fleetness -Gallery 73, Belgrade;Serbia
– Representative of Montenegro for The Imago Mundi Highlights and at the same time the opening of the Imago
Mundi museum in Trieste (Italy) by Benetton Foundation
– „Milčik“ Award Finals for 2017. at Dado gallery-Cetinje, Montenegro
– AESTHETICS OF THE INTIMATE, Festival Danube Dialogues 2017, Gallery of the Vojvodina Artist Association, Novi Sad, Serbia
– September 2017 AIR Cultural City Network Graz (CCN)-international art projects, Austria.
– From a field of ten artists, Ivana has been chosen to participate in the Residential programme “arTwins in Open
Space” due to be held in Paphos, Cyprus; European Capital of Culture 2017
– Artist-in-residence KulttuuriKauppila Art Centre, Ii, Oulu, Finland in 2016
In July 2016, Ivana held an exhibition entitled „Between Art and Nature“ in the Media Nox gallery in Slovenia.
– She also participated in the 25th anniversary of “Process-Space Art Festival” in 2016, held in Russe, Bulgaria.
The Directorate of the “Biennale for Young European and Mediterranean Artists” (BJCEM), headed by artistic
director and art historian Andrea Bruciati, selected Ivana’s work to represent Montenegro in the event ‘Mediterranea
XVII Young Artists Biennale’ in Milan (2015)
In September 2015 she held a solo exhibition called The Hollow Men-Burning Way in Radoje Dakić (a former factory hall), in Podgorica, as a part of celebration of the 30th anniversary of FIAT in September 2015 This exhibition “The Hollow Men-Burning Way” then transferred to the the Kolarac Foundation Gallery in Belgrade.
In September 2015 she had a solo exhibition hosted by the “Association of Fine and Applied Artists“ in Kraljevo.
In May she had a solo exhibition ‘Burning Way’ hosted by the Shooting Association of Ljubovic, Podgorica.
In December 2014 a further exhibition of her sculptures and drawings was held in the gallery ULUCG, Podgorica.
In August of the same year an exhibition of her sculptures and drawings was displayed in the gallery Marko K. Gregović in Petrovac. In 2013 Ivana started attending her Ph.D. courses at the Faculty of Fine Arts in Belgrade.
In July 2010 Ivana held an individual exhibition in the gallery for the “Association of Fine Arts “ in Novi Beograd (New Belgrade). In June of the same year she also held an individual exhibition at the SPA Gallery of the Simo Milosevic Institute in Igalo.
In December 2009 Ivana had an individual exhibition Movement as Expression held in ULUCG, Podgorica. In July of that year, her exhibition of drawings Behind the Mirror was held in the Gallery Centar, in Podgorica.
In November 2008 Ivana had another individual exhibition in SKC Obrenovac.
In October 2007 Ivana stayed in Santa Severina, Italy as a guest teacher, and had her first individual exhibition here.
From 2005 till 2006 she was a guest student at the Faculty of Fine Arts in Belgrade.
She has exhibited in many group exhibitions.
She represents Montenegro at the 57th International Art Exhibition-la Biennale di Venecia-VIVA ARTE VIVA
• Grand Prix Award at the 37th Montenegrin Art Salon “13 November” 2015
• Winner of the Residential Artist’s Award at “Mediterranea 17” Young Artists Biennale, Milan, Italy 2015
• University award for “Best Student” from the Faculty of Fine Arts in 2005/2006
• Atlas Mont Foundation Award for “Best Art Student” in Montenegro 2005
• Annual award for sculpture from the Faculty of Fine Arts Cetinje 2006
• Capital Cetinje award for “Best Student” 2006
• Award for “Best Graduate” at the University of Montenegro 2006